And as we near the end of term, it is time for reflection of what we achieved and what is to celebrate.
One thing that is entirely evident is that we have one of the hardest working staffs on the planet.
In the past two weeks, we have had so many amazing activities to enjoy - their planning and creativity and willingness to "go the extra mile" is to be recognised and appreciated publicly.
The children and whānau of SRS are truly Friends, Learners and Guardians in all they say and do!
Last weekend I signed over 500 reports from each class, and read every single general comment individually. There is a real depth of
"KNOW THE LEARNERS" evident in each report, and I celebrate our incredible staff who make magic happen each week of the year. Rest well my
wonder-beings and rest, relax, revive over January.
See you back in 2018 for more of the same!!!
Friday, 2 June 2017
What a fantastic job this is, when you can come to school each day and see happy children and happy teachers.
We are now into our second term of learning and there is so much to celebrate:-
- We have named each of our teams with a new "whanau" name which describes their stages of growth as they move through their classes:-
- Whakatōtanga for our Year 1-2 team
- Tupuranga for our Year 3-4 team
- Puāwaitanga for our Year 5-6 team
- Hautūtanga for our Year 7-8 team
- We have grown our Inquiry Learning model and our Inquiry Learning programme delivery to the point where at the end of each term now, we have a COMMUNITY ACTIONS OUTCOME DAY. This is the part of our Inquiry where we present our ACTION to our community and students share how we plan to improve the world we live in.
- New Social Curriculum - we have developed a new plan for promoting positive behaviours in our school through our Social Curriculum strengthening our resolve to be good
"Friends, Learners, Guardians." We believe that everyone has the right to come to school to be safe and happy - so living this on a daily basis is important to us.
"Friends,Learners,Guardians in all we say and do!"